PAYINGFORCARE.CO.UK - Judged "Most Outstanding Information Innovation in the UK" in Over 50s Housing Awards 2011
The UK Over 50s Housing Weekly News awards have been designed to recognise efforts to reward those who ‘lift and enhance via innovation the customer experience and enjoyment’.
PAYINGFORCARE.CO.UK is a comprehensive and consumer friendly website which provides information on all aspects of care funding.
Its unique features are an ability to talk to an appropriately qualified financial adviser while consumers are exploring the site and a search engine to identify an appropriately qualified financial adviser in their geographic area.
It was launched by Partnership in January in response to the recognition that:
- 69% turn to the internet for information on care for older people
- In 2009 there were 29 million Google searches on paying for care and related search terms
- 79% think that not enough is done to tell people about the care option available
- 25% had no idea who to contact for advice
- Just 11% would contact their local authority for advice and information about care fees, with only 4% contacting a financial adviser and 3% a care home
- Just 5% believe the social care system is easy to navigate
- 76% do not know about any of the funding products available to fund care
CHRIS HORLICK, Managing Director of Care at PARTNERSHIP said “Since we launched payingforcare.co.uk we have been delighted by the extremely positive response from Care Providers, Care Associations, Charities and Local Authorities but most of all with the feedback from the general public who use the service. This demonstrates the appetite for accessible and user friendly information on how to fund long term care and justifies our commitment to this initiative.