Cinven announces promotions and new appointments
European private equity firm Cinven today announces that it has promoted Alex Leslie to Partner, along with the promotion of five members of the Investment team to Senior Principal and Principal. Sarah Verity is promoted to Managing Director, Investor Relations.
Alex Leslie, Partner
Alex joined Cinven in 2006 and is a member of the Healthcare sector team and the UK and Ireland regional team. He has been involved most recently in the acquisitions of Synlab and Labco and the investment and realisation of AMCo. He previously worked in the Investment Banking Division of Morgan Stanley in London.
Sarah Verity, Managing Director, Investor Relations
Sarah joined Cinven in 2005 as a member of the Investor Relations and Fundraising team and is responsible for Cinven's client services on behalf of its Limited Partners. Previously, Sarah worked as a Manager in the Private Equity Transaction Services group at KPMG, and in the Private Equity Tax group at Arthur Andersen.
The following individuals have been promoted to Senior Principal in the Investment team.
- Eugenio Preve joined Cinven in 2009 and is a member of the Industrials sector team and the regional team for Italy. He has worked on a number of investments including Amadeus, Avio and Medpace. Prior to joining Cinven, Eugenio spent over four years at J.P. Morgan in London and Milan.
- Julien Lammoglia joined Cinven in 2008 and is a member of the Industrials sector team and the regional team for France. He has worked on a number of transactions including CeramTec and Sebia. He was previously at Bain & Company in Paris.
The following individuals have been promoted to Principal in the Investment team.
- David Giroflier joined Cinven in 2011 and is a member of the Financial Services team and the regional team for France. He has been involved in a number of transactions including Visma. David previously worked in the Investment Banking Division of HSBC in Paris.
- Jan-Nicolas Garbe joined Cinven in 2011 and is a member of the Healthcare and Industrials sector teams and the regional team for Germany and Central Europe. He has most recently worked on the AMCo, CeramTec and Synlab transactions. Prior to joining Cinven, Jan-Nicolas was an Associate at The Boston Consulting Group in Hamburg.
- Miguel Segura joined Cinven in 2012 and is a member of the Iberia regional team. He has been involved in a number of transactions including Spire and Ufinet.Prior to Cinven, Miguel was an Associate at 3i Group in Spain.
In addition, Cinven has made the following four new Associate appointments in the Investment team within the past six months:
- Javier Navarro-Rubio, Associate, who joined from CVC Credit Partners and is a member of the Iberian regional team;
- Karel Doorman, Associate, joined from Credit Suisse's EMEA Financial Institutions Group and is a member of the Benelux regional team;
- Channelle Wallace, Associate, joined from Goldman Sachs' Investment banking division; and
- Caspar Wahler, Associate, joined from The Boston Consulting Group and is a member of the regional team for Germany and Central Europe.
In addition, the following two Executive appointments in the Portfolio team in the same period:
- Brett Lewis, Executive, joined from Bain & Co. focusing on TMT and Private Equity and is a member of the Portfolio team in New York; and
- Peter Blakeney, Executive, joined from the Corporate Finance team at Deloitte and is a member of the Portfolio team in London.
Commenting on these appointments, Stuart McAlpine, Managing Partner of Cinven Partners LLP, said:
"I am delighted to announce these well-deserved promotions which reflect the real strength and depth of the Cinven team. I am also pleased that we have been able to attract a high calibre of Associates and Executives to Cinven to support our busy deal origination and rigorous portfolio management and we look forward to them growing with the business."