2015 Q2 Update
14 Sale and Leasebacks underwritten in Q2
Total fleet now 260 aircraft; up 29% year-on-year
Avolon, the international aircraft leasing company, today issues an update for the second quarter of 2015 ('Q2'). Avolon agreed sale and leaseback transactions for 14 new aircraft in Q2. Avolon also delivered 14 new aircraft and sold three aircraft resulting in a 19% increase in its owned and managed in-service fleet to 152 aircraft at the end of June, 2015. Avolon's total fleet increased 29% year-on-year to 260 aircraft at the end of June, 2015.
2015 Q2 Highlights
Q2 Business Activity
- Delivered 14 new aircraft to 10 airlines in 10 countries in Q2.
- Signed new sale and leasebacks for 14 aircraft in Q2: nine delivering in 2016 and five delivering in 2017.
- Avolon’s 2016 and 2017 commitments now stand at 28 aircraft and 7 aircraft respectively.
- Placement of first aircraft from Avolon’s Boeing 737 MAX order: letter of intent signed for three aircraft.
- Continued momentum in aircraft sales: three aircraft were sold in Q2, bringing sales in the first six months of 2015 to a total of five aircraft.
- Letters of intent in place for sale of 11 aircraft in the second half of 2015.
- Customer base now comprises 56 airlines in 33 countries; a 17% increase in customers on the prior year.
- Five new airline customers were added during Q2.
Q2 Fleet Metrics
- Delivered (owned and managed) fleet of 152 aircraft at the end of Q2 increased by 24 aircraft or 19% year-on-year.
- Owned, managed and committed fleet increased by 58 aircraft year-on-year to 260 aircraft at the end of Q2.
- Owned fleet had an average age of 2.6 years and an average lease term remaining of 7.2 years at the end of Q2.
|Owned, managed & committed fleet (aircraft)||202||260||+29%|
|Owned & managed fleet (aircraft)||128||152||+19%|
Q2 results will be announced at 6.00am ET (11.00am BST) on August 5, 2015 with a conference call at 8.30am ET (1.30pm BST) on that date.
- Participating in a series of conferences during Q3 2015 including:
- Deutsche Bank Aircraft Finance & Leasing Conference in New York on September 9, 2015
- Citi Industrials Conference in Boston on September 16, 2015
- UBS Transport Conference in London on September 14, 2015
- Morgan Stanley Industrials Conference in California on September 17, 2015
- RBC Aircraft Leasing Conference in California on September 30, 2015