Partnerships in Care wins IHA Major Secure Care Provider award
Partnerships in Care (PiC) is delighted to announce we have won the Independent Healthcare Apex (IHA) Major Secure Care Provider of the Year Award for the second year in a row, in an event held in Warwickshire on Wednesday 23 October 2013.
Partnerships in Care (PiC) is among the most specialist providers of secure and step down specialist healthcare with a strong track record for positive outcomes for patients with mental health conditions.
Peter Wedderburn, organiser of IHA, commented: “We created this award to recognise the value of independent care for people with mental health issues. Our judges found PiC a worthy winner with recent highlights including:
- Positive patient experience and outcomes
- 82.5% of patients maintained or improved using HoNOS Secure.
- Partnership with the NHS:
- PiC developed Acute* service in strategic response to Trusts’ needs treating nearly 1000 acutely ill patients this year
- Expanded to 291 rehabilitation beds and 433 low secure beds
- NHS England selected PiC’s designed template for the CQUIN relating to optimising patient care pathways from secure services
- Achievements in physical healthcare, clinical leadership and real work opportunities
- Partnership with the IoP, RCPsych and the International Association for Forensic Mental Health Services
- Strong clinical leadership
Joy Chamberlain, Group Chief Executive, Partnerships in Care said: “We are honoured to receive this award which recognises our highly specialised approach to secure care and the very high priority we give to patient safety, recovery and progression along care pathways. At PiC we are committed to improving experience, choice, quality of life and outcomes for patients; we employ expert clinicians and occupational therapists; we prepare patients to move safely to the lowest level of security and highest degree of independence appropriate for their health.”