In March 2009, Cinven became a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment.The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) provide a voluntary framework that helps investment managers to incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance issues into their investment decision-making and ownership practices, with the aim of positively affecting investment performance.
Cinven has a sophisticated global investor base. More and more, the firm's clients are considering the environmental, social and corporate governance impact of their investments. As a signatory of the PRI, Cinven's aim is to address these issues proactively.
The Principles for Responsible Investment
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.