We aim to act with integrity at all times and guard our reputation carefully, valuing long-term relationships built on trust.
Cinven is in business to create stronger, more profitable companies, thereby generating competitive returns for our investors. A responsible approach towards the companies the Cinven funds own, their employees, suppliers and local communities, the environment and society is an essential part of our success.
At a basic level, we always seek to invest in companies which comply with all applicable laws, regulations, industry guidelines and best practices. In addition, we encourage our investee companies to take a responsible approach towards environmental, social and corporate governance matters.
Our core ESG principles
The core ESG principles we apply in our investment approach include:
- always complying with both the letter and the spirit of the law, wherever it applies;
- ensuring that our investment process takes a responsible approach to investing and recognises the potential impact of businesses on the environment, workers, communities and society;
- ensuring that we and our investee companies always respect human rights and do not exploit child labour;
- ensuring there is no bribery or corruption in any of our dealings;
- acting with integrity at all times;
- being non-discriminatory (whether on grounds of gender, race or disability), and seeking equality and diversity in our employment practices;
- acting in an environmentally responsible manner, aiming for a sustainable approach to the use of resources and avoiding irresponsible disposal of hazardous products and unnecessary waste;
- ensuring that our management structures and policies reflect the need for transparency, accountability, equality and probity in the management of our businesses; and
- seeking to comply with ESG guidelines and best practices, and actively managing ESG issues and risks effectively.